Costume Colloquium VI: Textiles in Fashion – Creativity in Context
Florence, Italy, November 14-18, 2017
The Advisory Committee is seeking new and unpublished papers for the Costume Colloquium VI: Textiles in Fashion – Creativity in Context conference. As with all the previous Costume Colloquium conferences, presentations can be made on material of a theoretical and/or practical nature. Not only informative, but also inventive and creative presentations are welcome.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following themes and subthemes:
- From Fiber to Fashion: past and present processes of fashion creation and commercialization around the world
- Materials and Techniques: printing, surface treatment, weaving, fibers (natural, eco fibers, recycling, nanotechnology, tactile and optical properties), non-woven textiles, etc.
- Archives, masterpieces, collections sample books and work records, etc.: documentation of textiles and fashion production (historic and contemporary)
Submission Information and Instructions:
Send your proposal abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org with Abstract Submission CCVI in the subject line, using the CCVI Submission Form that you can download HERE. Only abstracts using the form will be accepted.
Your proposal abstract must be received following these criteria:
- Language for the abstract submission is English.
- All the personal data for the author and the co-author(s) must be filled out. If there are no co-authors please leave the space blank. If there should be more than 3 co-authors add the table lines underneath as needed.
- Your affiliation and your job title (and/or description) are requested. Please consult past Costume Colloquium programs on the website (www.costume-textiles.com) for examples.
- The abstract text can be a maximum of 400 words. Should your abstract proposal be accepted, the text you submit will be published unedited online as it is received.
- The abstract proposal should give an, as specific as possible, indication of what you intend to present. General discourse on any topic is not acceptable.
- Include a brief autobiography (200 words maximum). This should describe your current field of interest and highlight your more significant or pertinent accomplishments. This should be a description rather than a list of your activities and publications.
- You can include a list (maximum 5 entries) of publications that best represent your expertise.
- If you have images (maximum 5 no larger than 1mb total) to support your proposal, include them in the CCVI Submission Form in the indicated field.
Costume Colloquium is unable to pay for any expenses involved in the preparation and presentation of papers. You are responsible for obtaining all necessary permissions for use of images before the presentation is given.
Length of presentations: 20 minutes.
June 14th 2017 – extended to July 30 2017: Abstract submission deadline. Your proposal abstract and brief autobiography must be received via email no later than midnight Italian local time.
November 23rd 2017: Notification of paper acceptance. Candidates who pass the selection will be informed of the Advisory Committee’s decision.
December 4th 2017: Notification of speaker acceptance due. Once accepted, successful candidates (one only if multiple authors) will be required to pay a Speaker Fee (220-euro VAT included) to guarantee their participation in the conference program. Multiple authors will have the benefit of a reduced attendance fee (to be established). Travel, accommodation, and board expenses will not be covered. Written confirmation of acceptance and payment of the Speaker Fee on the part of the presenter must be received no later than midnight Italian local time.
For further inquiries please contact: email@example.com