Join us for a survey of historic textiles collections and contemporary textile-making in Montreal, Canada. This 2-day Textiles Close Up will provide access to a wide range of collections and institutions, all led by expert curators, researchers and artists. Your visit will include:
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts with a behind-the-scenes viewing of Ancient Andean weavings
- Concordia University for an afternoon exploring the exciting textile work in the Textiles and Materiality Research Cluster at this innovative school.
- The McCord Museum with a special viewing of First Nation’s textiles
- Musée de la Mode for a behind-the-scenes viewing of textiles for fashion.
- Lunch at a cafe in Montreal's historic district
Registration opens for members on August 7th, and for nonmembers on August 14th.
For more information and registration, visit this link.