Extended deadline: February 10, 2017
We welcome submissions from all disciplines and all degree levels, from The New School and beyond. There are no qualifications required for submission – all you need to do is send us your work. We are especially interested in submissions that address the following themes:
- How does fashion celebrate the body?
- Is fashion a space for celebration?
- How do fashion and the celebration of individuality intersect?
- How can fashion be used to celebrate identities within power structures that sublimate them?
While we are interested in academic, journalistic, and non-fiction writing, we also encourage the submission of multimedia and practice-based work, including (but not limited to):
- Visual art (illustration, photography, prints)
- Design projects (garments, accessories, etc.)
Fashion and Celebration will be published online and in print this spring. Fashion practitioners, scholars and enthusiasts around the world will read your submission, so this is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable exposure and publishing experience.
Please contact our editors if you have any questions, or would like to submit your work for publication!